Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why Track Your Ads?

Our world is filled with advertising and I would estimate that 3/4 of it is non-traceable. Companies spend millions of dollars on advertising (sometimes billions) and don't even really know how effective the ad was. No wonder people sometimes shy away from spending money on advertising.

If you don't track your ad then you might as well throw your money up in the air and hope it does some good. Cause NOT tracking your advertising is like an archer shooting at a target blind folded. You know the arrows are flying... but you're never sure if they are hitting the target. And when you take the blind fold off and you see that one actually hit the bulls eye... you don't even know which one!

With a good marketing system it has never been easier to track your advertising. Usually the marketing system should be fairly user-friendly and give you the ability to add a tracking code to the end of your url with a click of a button.

With that said, let me remind you that you should never spend more than $10/prospect. In fact, $10 is on the high side. I would aim at around $5/prospect. So when you are doing your ppc advertising make sure you track every adgroup and then divide the amount you've spent on that ad by the amount of prospects you've received through it.

You may be thinking that even $5 a prospect is too pricey. But, I assure you that spending $250 on 40,000 leads off the internet is like throwing your money away. The kind of prospects that you generate on your own are always the BEST! I would say that 90% of my prospects actually are glad I've called them. One good prospect is usually worth more then 40,000 junky leads off the internet.

That's all for now. I hope you had a merry Christmas and I wish you an even better new year!

Ps. If you are new to this blog then PLEASE GO BACK AND READ ALL THE PREVIOUS POSTS. Make sure you click on the different months under the archive section to the right.

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading a lot of your posts and what I still don't know is how to go about DOING the marketing. Where do I start?

    ReplyDelete